Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- ¼ cup Thai Spicy Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- ¼ cup julienned red pepper
- ¼ cup julienned yellow pepper
- ¼ cup pea pods, sliced diagonally in half
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced crystallized ginger
- 10 large lettuce leaves, separated, washed, drained and chilled
Chop garlic, green onions, carrots, red pepper and pea pods. Set aside.
Cook ½ cup brown rice according to directions to equal 1 cup cooked.
Brown ground turkey in a non-stick skillet. Add ginger root and garlic when it is browned. Sauté until garlic is cooked. Stir in Sesame Oil and Chili sauce.
Add green onions, carrots, peppers, and pea pods. Stir until warmed.
Stir in cooked rice and crystallized ginger.
To serve spoon turkey mixture into lettuce leaves.