Atomic Turkey Peppers
- 15 peppers (Jalapeno, mini sweet red, yellow or green peppers) to make 30 pieces
- 1 package turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Turkey Lit'l Smokies
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
Wash hands. Slice the peppers lengthwise to form two pieces. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane.
Mix the cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Fill the hollowed out portion of the peppers with the cheese mixture.
Place one Lit'l Smokie on top of the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the half slice of bacon around the pepper. If the bacon is not staying tightly wrapped, it may be necessary to use a toothpick to hold it in place.
Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before grilling.
Place top side down on a medium heat grill until the bacon is crisp. Flip to the pepper side and cook until the pepper is tender and the bacon is browned. Keep the lid covered while cooking.
To cook in the oven: Set the temperature at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is browned.