Speed Herrig from Cookies shares a favorite turkey chili recipe. It’s ready to eat in under thirty minutes.
White Turkey Chili
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 cups turkey OR chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon Cookies Flavor Enhancer
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans (white Italian kidney beans)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup Cookies Premium Salsa
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Fresh cilantro, optional
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, optional
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In a Dutch oven cook and stir oil, onion and garlic for about 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, oregano and Flavor Enhancer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add green chilies, beans, 1 cup cheese, salsa and diced turkey. Cook for about 10 minutes more.
- 4. Garnish with cilantro and additional cheese, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
- 1 serving: calories 300, protein 29.3 g, fat 11.9 g (saturated 4.4 g), cholesterol 67.6 mg, sodium 951.6 mg, carbohydrate 18.3 g, fiber 3.6 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/