The colorful meal, filled with taco flavor, is a great way to use leftover turkey.
Write a review
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey OR 1 pound ground turkey, cooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup canned refried beans
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In large skillet over medium heat, combine turkey and taco seasoning with measurement of water recommended on seasoning package. Bring mixture to a gentle boil; immediately reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Arrange tortillas on large cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F. oven 5 to 7 minutes or until tortillas are crispy and lightly browned.
- 4. Spread each tortilla with one tablespoon beans. Top with 1/4 turkey mixture and cheese. Return to oven 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 5. To serve, top with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and taco sauce.
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 serving: calories 283, protein 26.6 g, fat 8.9 g (saturated 4.3 g), cholesterol 68.2 mg, sodium 1175.6 mg, carbohydrate 23.5 g, fiber 2.9 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/