This classic favorite uses sliced turkey breast found in the deli meats section of your grocery store, or thinly sliced Thanksgiving leftovers.
Turkey Reuben Sandwiches
Write a review
- Butter-flavored nonstick spray OR 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. Spray one side of each bread slice with nonstick spray. Spread the other side of each slice of bread with dressing.
- 3. Top four of the bread slices (dressing side up) with 1 slice cheese, 4 ounces sliced turkey and 2 tablespoons well-drained sauerkraut. Place remaining bread slices atop each sandwich.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook sandwiches until browned, then turn and cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Makes 4 servings.
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/