Prepare this roll-up in advance. The creative combination of ingredients will surprise you in how great it tastes.
Thai Turkey Roll-Up
Write a review
- 1 large lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 pound roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced OR sliced turkey deli meat
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup lettuce, washed, drained, chilled and shredded
- 4 teaspoons cilantro
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine the first 9 ingredients for the Peanut Sauce.
- 3. Spread each tortilla with Peanut Sauce. Layer each with 4 ounces sliced turkey. Evenly sprinkle each with onion, tomato, lettuce and cilantro.
- 4. Roll up tightly and cut on the diagonal. Serve chilled.
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 serving: calories 366, protein 41.3 g, fat 7.4 g (saturated 1.6 g), cholesterol 94.1 mg, sodium 980.4 mg, carbohydrate 34.0 g, fiber 3.5 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/