Turkey tacos are a favorite among turkey lovers, and this slow cooker version will have them coming back for seconds. Tender turkey breast with avocado, salsa, and pepper jack cheese combine for an easy family meal that cooks in the crock pot.
Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos
Write a review
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 6 pounds bone-in turkey breast, skin and fat removed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 8 hard taco shells
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Place onions in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and place in slow cooker, meat side up. Cover and cook on low until internal temperature of turkey registers 165 degrees, about 4 – 6 hours.
- Remove turkey meat from bone, shred it then toss with enchilada sauce.
- Place turkey in taco shell and top with lettuce, avocado, salsa and shredded cheese.
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/