Sold at the Turkey Grill at the Iowa State Fair for over 30 years, this tenderloin is sure to be a family favorite.
Iowa's Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
Sold at the Turkey Grill at the Iowa State Fair, this tenderloin is sure to be a family favorite.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry sherry OR red wine
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In a self-sealing plastic bag, plastic storage container or glass dish, combine all ingredients except the turkey.
- 3. If desired, slice the turkey tenderloins in half lengthwise, making two thinner fillets. To make cutting easier, place tenderloins in freezer for 20 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Add the turkey to the bag or container. Seal the bag or cover the container.
- 5. Place in refrigerator and marinate for several hours.
- 6. Drain off the marinade and discard.
- 7. Grill over direct medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F. and turkey is no longer pink.
- 8. If desired, serve on a hot dog or hoagie bun with favorite sandwich toppings.
- 1 serving: Calories 166, Protein 25.7 g, Fat 6.3 g (Saturated 1.2 g), Cholesterol 58.7 mg, Sodium 257.6 mg, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Fiber .1 g
- Serve with: Fresh Melon and Cabbage Slaw
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/