Atomic Turkey Pepper
Tasty appetizers; prepare in advance and grill!
Write a review
- 15 peppers - Jalapeño, mini sweet red, yellow or green
- peppers to make 30 pieces
- 1 package turkey bacon, cut in half
- 1 pkg. Hillshire Farm® Turkey Lit'l Smokies®
- 2, 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 1. Slice the peppers lengthwise to form two pieces. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane.
- 2. Mix the cream cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Fill the hollowed out portion of the peppers with the cheese mixture.
- 3. Place one Lit'l Smokies® on top of the cream cheese mixture. Wrap the half slice of bacon around the pepper. If the bacon is not staying tightly wrapped, it may be necessary to use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use. They can be kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours before grilling.
- 4. Place top side down on a medium heat grill until the bacon is crisp.
- Flip to the pepper side and cook until the pepper is tender and the
- bacon is browned. Keep the lid covered while cooking.
- * To cook in the oven: Bake in the oven, set at 425 F, for 20-30 minutes
- or until the bacon is browned.
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/