I know, I know. This is a fairly summery salad, and here in Iowa winter is still hanging around. But maybe these fresh flavors will trick you into thinking that warmer weather has arrived?
Turkey Wild Rice Salad Recipe
This award winning salad from the Iowa State Fair is a great make-ahead meal. Stir in the grapes and cashews just before serving.
Write a review
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/3 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In a medium bowl, blend together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and tarragon; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl combine turkey, wild rice, onions, water chestnuts, salt, pepper and curry. Stir in mayonnaise mixture until well blended.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- 5. Before serving, fold in grapes and cashews.
- 1 serving: calories 398, protein 22.1 g, fat 18.2 g (saturated fat 3.7 g), cholesterol 41.9 mg, sodium 280.9 mg, carbohydrate 39.8 g, fiber 3.3 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/