These slow cooker BBQ turkey sandwiches are easy and delicious. Great for get-togethers or potlucks, cooking turkey in the crock pot makes it tender and delicious.
Slow Cooker BBQ Turkey Sandwiches
Write a review
- 2 pounds turkey (thighs and/or tenderloins)
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ lemon, quartered
- 4 burger buns, split horizontally and toasted
- Wash your hands.
- In a slow cooker, combine vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, hot sauce, salt and lemon quarters. Fold in turkey. Cover and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours or on Low for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove lemon quarters. Remove turkey from the bones if needed. Shred the turkey into smaller pieces.
- To serve, spoon hot barbecue mixture over bottom half of toasted burger buns. Top with other half.
- Serves 4
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/