Turkey breast is such an amazing, versatile food. 26 grams of protein per serving, and only 110 calories! Like I said, AMAZING!
And this easy crock pot recipe is amazing as well. Although it’s delicious enough to stand alone, it’s also a great way to easily get cooked turkey to use in all of our amazing “turkey leftovers” recipes.
(By the way, have you ever wondered why turkey breasts are so big? It has nothing to do with steroids or hormones, since those aren’t used on turkey farms in the United States. Just good old fashioned breeding, better care and better nutrition!)
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 7 pound turkey breast
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- envelope dry ranch dressing mix
- Layer sliced onion in slow cooker.
- Remove skin from turkey breast (if there is any.)
- Season with garlic powder, black pepper and ranch dressing mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Let the breast stand for 20 minutes before serving.