Use leftover holiday turkey for this colorful breakfast frittata. It’s also great for dinner served with cornbread twists.
Oven Turkey Fritatta with Tomato Corn Salsa
Use leftover holiday turkey for this colorful breakfast frittata. It's also great for dinner served with cornbread twists.
Write a review
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced* (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Tomato Corn Salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Wash Hands.
- 2. Coat a 9-inch pie plate (or 8 to 9 inch skillet with oven proof handle) with nonstick spray.
- 3. Layer turkey, turkey bacon, tomatoes, green onions and 1/2 cup of cheese into pie plate in the order given.
- 4. In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a wire whisk. Pour carefully over ingredients in pie plate. Sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
- 5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 30 minutes or until eggs are set and frittata is puffed.
- 6. Serve with Tomato Corn Salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Tomato Corn Salsa: In a small bown, stir together 1 cup of purchased tomato salsa with 1/4 cup canned corn, drained, or 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained.
- *To seed a tomato, cut it in half and squeeze out the juice and seeds, scraping as needed to remove. Roma tomatoes work well for this recipe because they have a firm flesh and lower moisture content.
- 1 Serving: Calories 224, Protein 19.7 g, Fat 13.5 g (Saturated 6.2 g), Cholesterol 253.8 mg, Sodium 520.9 mg, Carbohydrate 5.4 g, Fiber .9 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/