Ground Turkey Chinese Spring Rolls
Try these flaky spring rolls made with purchased phyllo pastry. The sesame oil adds a hint of nutty flavor.
Write a review
- 1 pound ground turkey or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups bok choy, sliced thin OR 2 cups bagged coleslaw mis
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high head, cook and stir turkey, garlic and ginger until turkey is no longer pink.
- 3. In a medium bowl combine turkey mixture, bok choy, onion, soy sauce, sherry and oil.
- 4. On clean, dry counter layer phyllo sheets into a stack and cut in 2 (7 x 18) rectangles. Work with one sheet of phyllo at a time. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with a damp cloth.) Place sheet of phyllo with one of the short sides facing you. Coat with nonstick spray.
- 5. Place 1/4 cup of turkey mixture in a 5-inch strip, 1 inch away from bottom and sides of phyllo. Fold 1-inch bottom edge of phyllo over filling. Roll up, folding in sides to completely enclose filling.
- 6. Repeat previous steps with remaining sheets of phyllo. On 2 large cookie sheets coated with nonstick spray, place rolls, seam-side-down, and coat tops with cooking spray.
- 7. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until all surfaces of rolls are golden brown. Serve immediately.
- 1 Serving: Calories 79, Protein 6.2 g, Fat 3.2 g (Saturated .8 g), Cholesterol 22.4 mg, Sodium 152.2. mg, Carbohydrate 5.9 g, Fiber .5 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/