These meatballs made with lean ground turkey breast are great for a quick, weeknight family meal. Packed with protein AND spinach, they are healthy and freeze well. Serve them with pasta and alfredo or marinara sauce.
Florentine Turkey Meatballs
Frozen chopped spinach makes a colorful combination for this meatball recipe. Top with a creamy alfredo or marinara sauce for serving.
Write a review
- 1 box frozen spinach, defrosted and well drained
- 1 1/3 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Wash hands. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients except olive oil and mix well.
- Form into 12 large balls and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and arrange on a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place balls on dinner plates and top with favorite sauce and garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings. Serve with noodles. 1 serving: calories 332, protein 25 g, cholesterol 121 mg, sodium 568 mg, carbohydrate 14 g, fiber 2 g
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/