Leftover turkey doesn’t have to be boring! This barbeque turkey pizza is a great, alternative way to enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers!
BBQ Turkey Pizza
Write a review
- 2 cups cooked shredded turkey
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepared baked pizza crust
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cornmeal, as needed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Toss shredded turkey with barbecue sauce.
- Brush olive oil atop crust. Cover with turkey mixture.
- Top with chopped onion and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 6-8 minutes on hot cornmeal-dusted stone/pan.
- Cook until cheese melts and crust is crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/