Chef Glenn Feeny’s award winning salad from the National Turkey Federation’s “Turkey with a Twist” competition is creatively served in Parmesan cheese bowls.
Turkey and Spinach Salad in Parmesan Bowls
Write a review
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar OR apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup frozen raspberries in syrup
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups spinach leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 pound cubed cooked turkey
- 1. Wash hands.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, stir together cranberry juice, sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Cool. Add raspberry vinegar and frozen raspberries. Set aside.
- 3. Toast hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for about 10 minutes. Cool. Coarsely chop.
- 4. Prepare Parmesan shell by spraying an 8-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Heat pan over medium heat.
- 5. For each shell add 1/3 cup coarsely graded Parmesan to the bottom of the pan, distributing the cheese evenly across the pan. Allow the cheese to bubble for about 30 seconds before adding an additional 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- 6. When the cheese starts to turn golden brown, remove from the pan and place over a mold or an inverted small stainless steel bowl. Cool.
- 7. In a large bowl, toss spinach, turkey and hazelnuts. Divide salad among the cooled Parmesan shells. Serve immediately with the dressing on the side.
- Makes 4 servings.
Iowa Turkey Federation http://iowaturkey.org/